Highlights and Documents
- [3 Sep 2014] Minister Takeshita’s first press conference
- [22 Sep 2014]Visit to Fukushima
- [from 17 to 18 Sep 2014]Visit to Fukushima
- [11 Sep 2014]Meeting with Mr. Sakakibara, Chairman of Japan Business Federation
- [8 Sep 2014] First visit to Miyagi
- [5 Sep 2014] First visit to Iwate
- [4 Sep 2014] First Visit to Fukushima
- ［4-10 May 2014］ Minister Nemoto’s Visit to Spain and Norway
- ［29 April to 2 May 2014］ Senior Vice Minister, Tani visited Indonesia
- ［14 March, 2014］ Senior Vice Minister Tani gave a lecture at the Canadian Embassy
The Reconstruction Agency - the 'Control Tower'
As part of the response efforts, the Reconstruction Agency was established in 2012 with responsibility for planning, coordinating, and implementing reconstruction and revitalization measures in response to the Great East Japan Earthquake. Headed by Minister Takumi Nemoto, the agency acts as the 'Control Tower' for all reconstruction efforts, including coordination of reconstruction activities and cooperation with local governments.
The agency is committed to taking a hands-on approach to rebuilding living environments that are resilient and able to withstand future natural disasters, restoring livelihoods, supporting those affected by the nuclear accident, and promoting economic revitalization. After two years of steady progress, the Government of Japan is firmly committed to further accelerating the reconstruction process.
The government's aim is to restore Tohoku's position as a place for innovation, and for reconstruction of the affected areas to spur revitalization of the broader Japanese economy.