- ［14 to 18 March 2015］at The Third UN World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction in Sendai Events
- [Mitsui Fudosan Co. Ltd. Marche, food promotion events for disaster affected area (October 22)
- [20 October 2014] Minister Takeshita’s Presentation at the Roundtable of Keizai Doyukai
- [22 Sep 2014]Visit to Fukushima
- [from 17 to 18 Sep 2014]Visit to Fukushima
- [11 Sep 2014]Meeting with Mr. Sakakibara, Chairman of Japan Business Federation
- [8 Sep 2014] First visit to Miyagi
- [5 Sep 2014] First visit to Iwate
- [4 Sep 2014] First Visit to Fukushima
- [3 Sep 2014] Minister Takeshita’s first press conference
The Reconstruction Agency - the 'Control Tower'
As part of the response efforts, the Reconstruction Agency was established in 2012 with responsibility for planning, coordinating, and implementing reconstruction and revitalization measures in response to the Great East Japan Earthquake. Headed by Minister Takumi Nemoto, the agency acts as the 'Control Tower' for all reconstruction efforts, including coordination of reconstruction activities and cooperation with local governments.
The agency is committed to taking a hands-on approach to rebuilding living environments that are resilient and able to withstand future natural disasters, restoring livelihoods, supporting those affected by the nuclear accident, and promoting economic revitalization. After two years of steady progress, the Government of Japan is firmly committed to further accelerating the reconstruction process.
The government's aim is to restore Tohoku's position as a place for innovation, and for reconstruction of the affected areas to spur revitalization of the broader Japanese economy.